View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Pro tools 12.8 or 12.9 . . .

Simon2065,

Quote:
....+ easier Comping. Pro Tools is known for audio but Comping is clunky....
This!!! I've been struggling to get to grips with comp'ing using playlists, and having major issues.

Quote:
Need to be able to quickly select different sections in different playlists and then all selections are heard/compiled automatically. No need to manually "Copy Selection to Main Playlist" = Clunky.
Totally correct! I would desperately love to see this implemented. I have an ongoing discussion with an Avid engineer about losing our "Mute Frees Assigned Voices" (ie: manual voice assignment) workflows since TDM passed into history. I'm still on TDM and PT10HD, and I use this kind of manually assigned "Voice Stealing" method, to comp exactly as you've described. It's just not possible to recreate this kind of simple(r) workflow using Playlists. I have a friend who's good with PT and Cubase, and every time I raise this with him, he says Cubase does it well.

If you're interested in the starting point of my conversation with the Avid chap, this thread from Post #3 onwards:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=316448

Regards.

Steve Bush