View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 06:20 AM

Default Re: Electric Drums vs, regular drums as input to P

Quote:
There are some amazing things going on recently with electronic drums but they're still not the real thing. plus, the cost of something approaching the real thing might be close to the cost of fixing the garage. What about not spending much in the garage and instead investing in some long cables? Drums could be tracked there and the guest room could still be put to good use - as control room for the garage and overdub room for everything else.

will
There is a larger room right next door to the "recording" guest room. It's a much larger workout room, probably twice the size. One complete wall is mirrored, another has two sliding glass doors and the other two drywall. 9' ceiling. I'd have to measure, but it's not an exact square. I don't know about recording drums, so my dumb question is, would it need to be acoustically treated at all (could not do that permanently)? Or is it good for drums to be this "live?"

Now that I think about it, there is a notched out area on one wall of that room where my wife keeps a huge Pilates machine she doesn't use. I think a drum set could be stored there nicely instead, until needed for recording.