View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 07:08 PM

Default Re: PT 10.3.10 freezes on PC Windows 7

After playing around in PT after I changed to firewire, I ran across the same thing - everything held still in a freeze after 10s or so goes by after opening a session.

I tried rolling back the driver on my Fast Track Pro and couldn't. So I uninstalled and reinstalled an older version. It didn't matter, it still would freeze up.

So, I uninstalled PT 10 and reinstalled my PT 8.0.3 full installer. After installation, I found I had lost the PT 8 update license off my iLok.. I don't know how that happened, unless when PT 10 license was deposited it took the place of PT 8.

So now I'm looking at interfaces. I finally found the information on the knowledge base search about interface compatibility. Too bad, mine is the M-Audio Fast Track Pro, unofficially not supported for PT 12. Yeah!

So I find the list of ones that are officially supported, and they're either way too expensive for my budget, or like the Fast Track Solo and Duo are gone from warehouses.

Do Focusrite ASIO Scarlett a/d's work on Pro Tools 12? Anybody find a cheap interface that works? (Under $350)
Golden Age Project Pre-73 JR
Warm Audio WA12 MKII Preamp
Glyph 1TB GPT50 external drive - Firewire
LaCie 1TB external drive - USB
JBL LSR305 monitors

AT 2020 & 2021
Equation F.20 condenser mic