View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 08:02 AM

Default Re: Best Thunderbolt Interface?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRW View Post
From my personal experience...get the Apollo. You won't regret it.
And, you know, itīs not because of their plug ins (which are really good ones for sure). Itīs because of the UA drivers. Those are simply the best working
and most stable ones with Pro Tools on the market at the moment.

Me had Focusrite units as well as Apogees (Quartet, Duet etc.) and none of them were as stable and reliable as the UA drivers I use with my Apollo now.
I never have had ANY audio driver engine issue since I've bought my Apollo. Amazing indeed. And it allows me to go by 64 most of the time even with larger sessions.

I had been VERY sceptical as for the UA Apollo hype before I got my unit.
Now Iīm a believer ;-). But first of all because of their really really good and reliable drivers and software.

Again, for sure the UA plug ins are very good ones and great if you can afford it. Yet itīs not the most important reason to go with an UA unit these days. Itīs the
quality of their software and drivers imo. UA nowadays is for Mac what RME has been for Windows. Simply the best and most reliable audio drivers out there.

Apollo Twin Duo Mk2...very good decision. I have set up a small studio for a friend this summer using the Apollo Mk2 for the audio interface and I was more than
impressed by itīs audio quality. F... great for such a small unit.

From my personal experience I would recommend to demo all the UA Unison channels and preamps before buying an ISA 2. Sure, hardware is hardware and I have
used the ISA 2 myself. Nice sounding unit. No doubt about it.
Anyway, I think I have gained even better results using a high quality Studio condenser mic and a fitting Unison preamp by then.
Fitting...because you will have to test drive your mic/line source with all the channels and preamps to find the best working combination but if you will get it, it can
deliver astonishing results.

You just have to find out which Unison channel/preamp will work best with your particular mic or line source. Maybe you even may not need an ISA 2 anymore?
Just give it a try.

The best of success to both of you.

Cheers, VRW
Many thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes that's what I'll do then. Find the best channel/preamp and then judge whether I need an external preamp. After using the 11R as my interface I would hope for a stark improvement using the Apollo.