View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Air instruments expansion pack $299 7 instruments!!!!

So far I am 100% underwhelmed with my Air Purchase Experience.

First their website is ridiculously convoluted. First I tried to upgrade (before my link came) and right on the website it says $99, but when added to cart, it became $149.

So I waited for my code. It came and worked, but confusing, as it seems to add not only the entire bundle, but every single instrument to your cart. Entering the code finally worked, and I checked out.

Then I get the webpage to download, and I spend literally HOURS download all the parts, and when I go to install, Strike and Structure downloads are corrupt. Pretty pathetic. Are they going to pay my internet bill when I hit the cap because I just downloaded 40 gigs for nothing?

Not to mention the installers there that do work, are also broken. When asking where to put content, choosing 'other' doesn't work. So the only choice is actually to install to your boot drive (which I do not want to do because my boot drive is a small SSD), and then manually find and move the contect myself, and hope the old 'relink' scripts that took forever to get last time around, actually work to relink content this time.

What a wank. Feeling like Air is a bunch of amateurs. If your installer is going to have the option to select and OTHER location, um, how it works!?

Are we sure Air isn't still a part of Avid?

Well whatever, hopefully when Strike and Structure downloads actually work, someone will post here so I can waste another 6 hours downloading them all over.