View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Reconfiguring system - Video out to HDMI from older Mac Pro?

The second monitor can be mirrored or it can be split. I used to work this way quite a bit and there are some advantages to it.

On disadvantage is that the second monitor playout doesn't use a sync io or hd to lock the video playback correctly. That means that that there can be a bit of inconsistency when playing back (+- .75 frame) every time you hit play. For most things this isn't a huge deal, but depending on what you are doing and who you are doing it for it might be an issue.

A second option would be to purchase a used Black Magic card (assuming you have a sync io or hd) and play out from the PCIe card. This makes some assumptions about your setup that may or may not be true...

Randall

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchrismar View Post
I do believe I have an open DVI port as my monitor is using a mini display port with a converter.

I'm confused though, won't using a DVI to HDMI adapter out of the DVI port just make it show up as a second (mirrored) monitor?

(Would be great if you're right btw.)

I'll check it out, and if not I'll do the decklink option like you said.... I was looking into those last night - but didn't know if there was a better option.

Thanks very much!
Denver, CO