View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Does PT12 bring value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
Your an IT guy, professional accountant, and audio professional?

Let's see...
  • I have worked as a programmer/analyst/system architect for 26 years. I've also purchased a lot of hardware, software, and network equipment. I've bought high-end professional software that used the same "service plan" model Avid is moving to.
  • As I have often stated, I AM NOT an accountant. However I have written and modified systems for a couple of what used be called the "Big 6" accounting firms, and quite a bit of my other work has involved accounting systems...I've had to learn some accounting in order to do my job. Obviously, in order to write business systems, I have had to learn more than a little bit about business.
  • I've wired up three or four radio station control rooms...I wouldn't call myself an "audio professional", but I do know my way around some pro audio gear.
I have never either defended nor condemned what Avid is doing...I have simply explained why they are doing it.

Neither am I an Avid "fanboi"...if the damned temperature in Pittsburgh ever gets back to a reasonable level (it's -3 air/-13 wind chill) I will be back in my unheated basement studio where I am learning Cubase, which will be my primary DAW going forward. Unfortunately, space heaters don't do much good at those temperatures.

I'm still here on the DUC because some things have come up that might make it a good idea to keep my Pro Tools rig up-to-date and going.
My apology then. What AVID is doing and how you are presenting it sound and looks like are defending them.
Why they are doing it, we already know. Money, shareholders. That's it.

The CEO figures himself a MS CEO one day. LOL!

My only point then as you have revealed, is you are one of the users moving away from Pro Tools. Maybe it had nothing to do with AVID.
Maybe you wanted something with more features. Great.

While explaining AVID's motive, be a user. Tell everyone your story, your move and why. Otherwise it just sounds like justification to AVID and we should just all except it.

We shouldn't except it and we should show them with our dollars, you included. So you are either with us or you aren't.
EFI flashed 580 GPU
3 card PCI-e expansion chassis.
Avid Artist Control
Apollo 8 Quad, Satellite Quad, Octo Card
Cranesong Avocet Monitor System.
WireWorld ProAudio Cables