View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 01:05 PM

Default Re: What are some of the best Compressors, EQs for vocals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattitude View Post
Hey guys,

i use Pro Tools LE 8. For compression on vocals I have been using the one that comes with Pro Tools LE 8, called Compressor/Limiter dyn3 i think. I also I have the bomb factory stuff but I haven't really used it! I use the same with EQ too, the one that comes with Pro Tools LE 8, EQ3 - 4 band.

I'm just wondering what you guys think are the best vocal compressors and EQ out there for use with Pro Tools? Are there much better ones out there that can make your vocals sound a lot more professional? What do you guys use? What would you like to use?
You have gotten very good answers already - but the answers you have gotten also reflects what type of music these guys are mainly into... For you to get even more accurate answers I think you have to answer a couple of Q -
1) What type of music are you going to record?
2) Are time OR money of the essence?

F.x. if you have a lot of money but are pressed for time (to learn and to understand and want to go direct to record), then perhaps RenVox from Waves is a smart option and mayby not... depending on the style of music? The Lydkraft compressor suggested earlier, sounds really good, but does the PoCo-version sound the same as the native version, etc... Yes, there are a lot better plugins out there, but you can for sure get good sound with the included ones, if you have a lot of time... Don't forget to look at the templates.

(I'm sounding like a really busybody here, but I couldn't help it... hahaha)
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix