View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Finally - going to PT2019.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Call Sweetwater for help with navigating all the upgrade options from Avid. They'll also provide some support beyond installation. For whatever reason, I thought the 10,11,12 ship had sailed a while back, but your link contradicts that. If Sweetwater were to steer you wrong, I would think they would accept some responsibility and make it right. You can determine that on contact.
I took the plunge and went for it via the Avid site. It wasn't a deal breaker if it didn't have PT11 as part of the combo considering everything else that PT2019 does. It just makes it easier for those times I really need the sound of B4II. Shuffling the session back and forth will just take a little extra care but no worries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lyon View Post
I did not know this was possible. Does it free up any processing or assets for PT?
Entirely possible at least for a Mac. There's uninstaller utilities that show up in the Applications folder for each. Nice thing with deleting them you don't have extra crap running at startup that's absolutely not needed. That and I don't have to worry about mistakenly having something out there on the Cloud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
I'm not sure about the 10/11/12 bundle, as they've changed who gets/keeps it so many times, I can't keep up.

As far as Avid Link & Avid Cloud, there is no way to not install them, but the uninstaller show up in applications and take only moments to uninstall. It's the first thing I do after every install.
I uninstalled Avid Cloud using their utility but left Avid Link installed. I found via Google a remedy to stop Avid Link from starting upon computer startup. Involves editing a plist file as shown here from our friends at PTE https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...ac-and-windows

Problem with the Mac is you can't edit the original file but have to make a copy and make the changes to the copy and then save the copy (I saved it to the desktop). When saved there I changed the suffix from .txt to .plist and moved it into the folder the original plist is in and replaced the old one. Works a treat.

QAPLA!