View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Protools Owners: Beware of Newegg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Let's try this again - I tried replying but the old bitbucket ate it.

With B&H I'm lucky because I live in NJ and they moved their warehousing to NJ and that's considered having a presence in the state even though it's not a store so I get charged sales tax. With the free priority shipping I get charged because of the dollar amounts I send with them I actually make out better with the tax payment.

What I'm wondering about and mentioned earlier is what about Sweetwater? They charge no sales tax. While I like them and have gotten great service from them in the past this whole retroactive tax deal has gotten me scared. If they rollover for the states - ooh boy
I think the issue (with Newegg) and others will be the ones that continue to refuse to charge taxes. From the information I gathered, it seems if Newegg would have just started charging tax, this would not have went anywhere, but they refused (I could be wrong here).
The other major music online retailers outlets do not charge tax either assuming they do not have a state presence. Sweetwater is small time though compared places like Newegg. I cant imagine states having the resources to handle all of these small online businesses.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10