View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 03:03 PM

Default Re: severe LATENCY on AUX problem.

Quote:

The track that has the greatest amount of delay compensation is displayed in orange (the delay comp number that is) and when a track has exceeded the delay compensation it turns red.

The amount of delay caused by RTAS plugs is linked to the buffer setting!! so changing the buffer after you've started to mix, will cause the rtas plugs delay to change. this is especailly a problem when mixing and matching RTAS/TDM/RTAS etc. basically if you double the size of your buffer the delay for RTAS plugs also increases by 50%
Chris
Where is the color for delay comp shown? i.e. "delay comp #"

-If changing the buffer setting messes everything up, is it always necessary to finish all tracking before mixing (since you may have to lower the buffer for mixing)?

-So what is the workaround? What should I set the buffer to before starting mixing? Does it have to somehow match up w/ whether the TDM is set to 'none', 'short', or 'long'?

-I thought delay compensation (one of the main selling points of HD) was supposed to be automatic. Does it not work w/ RTAS?

Sorry, I'm just confused by all this and haven't found any clear explanation in my reference guide. My frustration's not w/ you of course. Thank you for the help.