View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Altiverb 7 and AAX-DSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rus5 View Post
That's not what he said. Again, what he said was: "This is because the current AAX DSP infrastructure is not ready for a plug-in with the capabilities like Altiverb TDM." - please note the word "infrastructure". He's pointing directly to the HDX "infrastructure" compared to the HD "infrastructure", not how hard it is to write in general relative to other types of plugins. I assure you, if you had asked Avid at the PT10/HDX rollout if the HDX "infrastructure" would or would not support convolution reverb plugins (or any plugins) as well as HD, they would have told you it absolutely would - far better than HD. Go watch the roll-out videos on YouTube, they're still there (last I checked anyway), and see if you don't agree.
Hi,

I would lie to know exactly what he means by infrastructure? As I think this is probably what Tom is referring to! Especially the amount of memory required for convolution reverbs. TL Space would use 6 DSP chips! So maybe they need to spread the memory across multiple chips and there would lye the difficulty I think. But is that infrastructure?

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.