View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 05:27 PM

Default Pro Tools too complicated

Hello there!
My interest in the world of audio processing has grown out of my wish to record my music. My problem is, I am 100% inexperienced in everything related to music recording, editing, equalizing etc.
Avid to record my stuff, I bought an Avid Fast Track Duo interface. As I unpacked the product, I found a Pro Tools Express software ready to be activated and downloaded. I immediately proceeded to download it on my Mac OS X.
For the last few days, I've been trying to get started with Pro Tools, only to find out that it has been designed for audio engineers, not a dumb like me. I've been watching a lot of youtube tutorials on Pro Tools, and I keep reading everything I can find about the subject. Waste of time. It's way too difficult for me.
I'm giving up on the Pro Tools and am now looking for a much simpler and lighter software, equipped with a very simple recording and equalizing system - something that could just enable me to use my Fast Track Duo, no matter how much quality will be sacrificed.
Can you guys be so kind as to recommend a software that fits this description?
Thanks a lot.