View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 05:29 PM

Default Re: How to Move Sample Libraries to an External Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennial Falcon View Post
Thanks for your reply!

After placing the alias folder in the original location and opening Pro Tools, it does give me the "Samples are missing" dialogue box. I clicked on "locate" and then went to the new location, but instead of letting me select the entire samples folder as the new location, it wants me to select an individual .wav file for a single note.

If I choose any file from the folder in it's new location, will PT automatically search in that folder for all the rest of the samples?
Delete the alias folder and just have the samples in the new location. And as Mr. Beeetsss says just point the vi to the new location. Most vi's will allow that to happen and you need to do that within the preferences of the vi in question. You may need to reboot the computer for everything to be seen in the new location.

And to Key:
Missed you around here. There's been a couple of threads asking about 'on eim' and Tamara and hobos. Would have thought you'd chime in on those. The poster starting those threads is a bit of a troll if you ask me.

edit for additional:
I see you chimed in one the one thread. Mightyduck (who used to be here as masterduk and other screen names) is the instigator I was referring to.

QAPLA!

Last edited by musicman691; 08-02-2018 at 05:32 PM. Reason: additional info