View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 06:17 AM

Default Connection Pb of Mackie MCU Pro with PT LE7 on WIn XP

Problem Mackie MCU Pro with Pro Tools LE7 on WIndows XP (French).

I have just bought a Mackie MCU Pro to use with Pro Tools, but I did’nt succeed in connecting it.
The control of Pro Tools from the MCU works perfectly, but the control of the MCU from Pro Tools does not work at all.

I followed the procedure I have found in a document called "Mackie Control for Pro Tools - User's Guide".
I have selected the HUI mode on the Mackie.
I have checked the "USB audio peripheral" in the Input devices dialog box.
When setting up the Midi controllers in the Peripherals dialog box, I have selected HUI in the “type” menu, but in the "Send to" menu, I found only 4 "USB audio peripherals [Emulated]", but no HUI.
I tried all the “send to” possibilities, but it does not work.
In the "receive from" menu, I found "USB audio peripherals”, no HUI.

I was surprised to not see the "USB audio peripherals" like in the "receive from" menu, but only "USB audio peripherals [Emulated]", and I am wondering if this has something to do with the problem.
I was surprised as well to see "USB audio peripherals [Emulated]" in french (périphériques audio USB [émulés] ) while all the rest is in English. It seems that this comes window / directX which is in French.

I tried with Cubase to check if the problem was caused by the PC, but it worked perfectly.
I tried with another PC, and have the same problem.

I need to find the solution urgently.
Thanks for any help.
--Pierre