Thread: for UIOP
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2002, 12:34 AM

Default Re: for UIOP

Q-1:I'm using the 32 track beta,,
Q-2:Befor you quit BATTERY use the DELETE KIT option,,also try and and save the DKFH kit as a proper BATTERY kit,,it will speed up reloading it next time you use it,,I use the whole kit,,just as it comes.The velocity layering is all set up and works great and,it's well set up all accross the key board,,in fact i would recomend that you use a piano style key board to trigger DKFH,,but your drum machine will work,,
Q-3BATTERY,,min;96k
pref;150k
DAE min;21896,,i've never changed this from day one,,and have always thought it an odd nomber,,
pref;50k
Q-4,,I use a TRITON,,but your Dr5 will work if you like hitting things real hard,,I'm not sure what your talking about as regards the IAC bus,,for PT to talk to BATTERY you will have to use the IAC bus,,its possable that you may be able to trigger the sounds in BATTERY with your controler at the same time as you are recording MIDI into PT,,you may have created a MIDI split,sending the same infomation to two places at the same time,,but for any MIDI recorded in to PT to trigger BATTERY on playback you will have to set that MIDI track to the IAC bus that you have assigned to BATTERY,,

I'm using a G4 400 AGP with a gig of ram,,i dont think it realy matters were you keep your .wav files for BATTERY as it reads from ram,,thats why it takes so long to load DKFH,,if it were to read straight from disk,,then you would need to keep the files on your system disk,,
Hope this helps,,Charlie