View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 06:14 PM

Default Re: Sound card recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
... a Soundblaster gamer card isn't it. Never has been, never will be. I don't know what gives you the idea I'm upset just because I keep bringing up certain things. I just know you're one of those that come here asking for help and when it's given to you you ignore it and continue on with a system that's less than optimal. If you can't bear to hear the truth that's not my fault.
I think the disconnect here, is that you believe my system is less than optimal because of this Soundblaster card. I'm not using the card for any processing or conversion, merely a pass-through. My converter is superior to all the interfaces you suggested (and satisfies my needs). And, as I've already stated multiple times, the specs on my Soundblaster model are equal or better than Focusrite, Motu, and every other alternative you suggested.

Originally, when I started this thread, I thought I needed a new sound card. After your replies and some of my own research I realized I don't. That's the truth. I'm sorry you can't bear to hear it.

And my Soundblaster card model is not a gamer card... They make a lot of gamer cards but this one isn't. But even if it was, most of the video cards users have are gamer video cards. I don't share your prejudice against "gamer" ware. If the specs are good, and it works, why not!

Gigabyte H97M-D3H, Intel i5-4590 @ 3.3GHz, Intel H97 chipset, 24GB Crucial Ballistix 1600 DDR3, Win 10, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, WD Black 1TB HDD (x2), TP-Link N900 PCIe, EVGA 500w PSU

Dell Studio XPS 8100, Intel i7-870 @ 2.93GHz, Intel 5 Series/3400 Series chipset PCIe, ATI Radeon, Win 7 (64-bit) Home Premium, Realtek HD, THX TruStudio, Chicony 350w PSU