View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 08:36 AM

Default Re: Back, Neck disability? Design help. New stands?

Quote:
So all of that gear, LCD monitors, ASCii keyboard, 25 key controller and the NS-10s are all supported by the Nethrone itself?
Yes, The speakers off to the side are not attached to it, but the NS-10s are on there. The triple monitor mount is an add on to the nethrone itself, but it's not bad, under $300 if I remember right. with the weight of the NS-10s, imac and 2 other monitors, the nethrone's electric tilt/lift motors are a little bit over worked, but I never adjust that part anyways.

Interface, Power amps, PC's and rack gear are also obviously not attached.

Quote:
I rack the gear and patch bay. Are you using any type of 'Gold Line' monitor controller pre-amp to switch speakers? I see you have three pairs.
The TC electronic SK48 interface allows me to set it up for up to 3 pairs of speakers. I can control this from the remote(right by my mouse) or the TC near software. At the moment, I'm actually only using 2 pairs of speakers but when I move into the new space I will probably get a switcher so that I can switch between the 3 pairs of passive monitors with a single power amp.

Quote:
Thanks again. Those pictures are very helpful. I have a Tascam Reel to Reel rack (8 Track removed) whose top pivots to a few angles or can be set upright (a lot of rack space) and is on wheels, a power amp can also be separately racked at its base. I've seen these online still, well very similar. Probably not anywhere as sturdily constructed.
I have also considered using one of those for a rack. Most important for me is gaining access to an 88 key keyboard controller first, but once that's sorted I actually think those old reel to reel racks are probably the most ideal setup, I've tried a few slant racks and they are never the right angle or height.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?