View Single Post
Old 09-08-2001, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Updating to Pro Tools LE 5.1.1

I downloaded the upgrade from 5.01 to 5.1 one day and then 5.1.1 the next day (on a 56k modem no less - it took 5.25 hours for the upgrade). All I had to do was install the upgrade.

I do know that I had to move the authorization for D-Verb back to the floppy first in order to not lose the authorization and I would recommend that for sure. This may have been fixed with your more recent copy of the upgrade so don't quote me on that.

I didn't have to uninstall the Wave Driver or move session or DAE components. I don't know anything about the DigidesignDALWDM file. You don't need to uninstall 5.01. You install 5.1.1 right over top of it. You will need the serial number the first time you launch PTLE (of course). I've seen it recommended that once you have 5.1.1 going, you should open your sessions and resave immediately as a 5.1.1 file (the two file types do have different icons), but I've only done it with old 5.01 files that I've actually had to use as 5.1.1

To be quite honest, the install couldn't have been any easier. Alot of people are very happy with the added features and smoother operation.

Hope this helps. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]