View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 06:24 AM

Default Re: New Hackintosh / PT7 monster HD PCI Rig

Hi James,

A few notes and questions for you...

Quote:
Then I run the combo updater from apple to get up to 10.7.4
But this is not ideal as you can simply download a complete 10.7.4 installer fresh from the app store, right?
Quote:
Then I run the standalone chimera installer.
Ah, but that's what UniBeast eliminates... it makes Chimera for us, but doesn't require the user to know what he's doing... UniBeast just does it. This was a big point of confusion for me -- then I figured out that UniBeast is a combination of many of the older tools, all-in-one.

Quote:
Then I use multibeast and tick the following:
Again, I just used EasyBeast settings, and with the exception fo the E1000 ethernet, very few changes... I think I added the nvidia 4xx/5xx support.

Done. Easy.

I know you have been doing this longer than I have and your learning curve is well documented (and appreciated!) - wondering why you did the custom DSDT when EasyBeast eliminates this need? What am I missing by using EasyBeast?

Quote:
you can optionally enable trim for SSD drives,
Can you elaborate? What is TRIM and why do we need it?

Although my rig is performing at 100% of my expectations - I want to get a 2nd video [edit: port working] and I need to deal with more SATA ports... and I'll treat each issue separately... but for a noob, DSDT is intimidating, and I think UniBeast/EasyBeast GREATLY simplifies things. Am I missing something important?

Thanks for sharing your results!

J