View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 11:28 AM

Default Re: What is a Magic ID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixchump View Post
Each audio file in a ProTools session is stamped with an alphanumeric (random-looking) number in the file header that is matched with the data in the ProTools session file, to help ProTools deal with audio files that can end up with the same name, or get renamed by the software in order for it to live in the same folder. ie: Audio 1_01 and Audio 1_01(2)

When you open the session, ProTools is trying to relink the files, but it's only matching 2 out of 3 - file length, file name, and magic ID (unique ID, whatever).

When you get the relink window, click on the "Find Links" button, and de-select the option that requires 'Unique ID', so it only has to match 'Name' and 'File Length'. That should allow it to relink all the files, and generate new Unique ID's for each file... You would probably want to do a "Save Session Copy" once it's done it's matching (providing it finds everything)....
My issue is that the session file itself seems to have a corrupted Magic ID. I do not get to the point where I even get the relink window. I open the session and it just won't open. Only the message that says the Magic ID won't match. Then when I hit OK it doesn't open anything.