View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 12:19 AM

Default Re: MTRX Studio and DVS Monitoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
Greetings,

Glad to hear you are making progress. Unfortunately DVS doesn't really have the ability to adapt to different rates by following another piece of hardware on the Dante network. Focusrite has this ability for example with their PCIeR card - if you were using that to route system audio - to automatically track the rate of another device on the network which is super handy. It would be fabulous to see Audinate add this kind of functionality into future DVS versions. For now, you need to manually open up Device View in Dante Controller and change the sample rate of DVS to match the rate of your MTRX. I would encourage you and everyone else to feed this back to Audinate and perhaps we can all influence better behaviors.

best,

Jeff
OK this explains why I loose DVS Mac audio piped via Dante into MTRX Studio when I open a PT session that’s at 44.1k? Normally I’m at 48k.

I actually have the Focusrite PCIe Dante card for routing audio from Abelton Live into Pro Tools. Do you happen to know if the Focusrite can be used with Live and Mac system audio simultaneously, in other words shared between apps?