Thread: Waves Deals
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 07:16 AM

Default Re: Waves Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Well you kind of own it, but also kind of are renting it because you need to have an active WUP to get updates... :/
I don't know how many times I have corrected this assertion across the web over the last few years...

You DON'T need WUP to update.

I know, I made this mistake too. Thats why I help others to learn from my errors. Your plugins will update fine without WUP. Albeit, there has been a small amount of exceptions, like when they went 64-bit.

You do, however, need WUP for major upgrades. Version 10 being the classic example which may be around the corner it would seem.

Any other company would charge you an upgrade fee anyway. RX was like $400 upgrade, Fabfilter upgrade are like $100-150. Waves WUP for plugins are a small fraction of these costs and it plateaus out at around $300. Many companies don't do that either.

There are other perks for those with bundles as they periodically get free plugins added in. It may not always be with the WUP just for that, but if you hold on you eventually get your money's worth in added plugins.

You certainly don't need to be renewing WUP every year.