View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 08:22 AM

Default Re: 7.1 Monitoring Controller & Beyond?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
Frank, thanks for sharing a real world experience with the Xilica. It is a very intriguing option. I never considered that the DVS would work with PT but it makes sense.

Sorry if I missed it but do you use a physical remote or an iPad?
I use my iPad. They do offer physical remotes like wall mount panels to recall presets or set volume but those are more for installations (venues, conference rooms etc. etc.) but they are too limited for the things we need them for. The touch panels are essentially android tablets in housings.

The free iOS app runs on iPhone and iPad and are fully customizable from the config software. I made a surface with single speaker mutes, DIM, mute all, mute front, mute surrounds, LipSync Delay setting and bypass, different SPL calibrations and output meters on one page.

The control software for the mac where you design your DSP signal flow also has a Dante controller built in so you actually don't need the Audinate dante controller program. You can patch all your dante devices from the same program.

The Canadian website is bit confusing. Better info here:

http://www.xilica.com.au/products/ne...er-options.php

frank.

Last edited by Frank Kruse; 04-26-2016 at 08:37 AM.