View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 09:40 AM

Default Re: 5.1 tracks on a laptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneyrinck View Post
If you have the Complete Production Toolkit, the SoundCode Stereo plug-in is bundled with it so you can monitor in stereo by inserting it on your 5.1 mix bus.
Hi Paul,

Yes, I use that as well and it is very handy. It's too bad that there isn't a way to have it live on a master 5.1 output when on the laptop. When in a surround room with multichannel hardware the plugin is really nice in that you can be listening to your surround mix and then just un-bypass the plug and it will do the fold right there. If I move the same session to a laptop and only have the 2 outs, that main out is no longer available at all (since the hardware won't support it).

You have to set up an AUX as your main 5.1 out initially and then it's a little less elegant (but still works). You can do the fold by placing the 5.1/stereo instance of the plug on the AUX and it will then allow you to select the stereo outs.

I just suggested the manual method of creating the fold mixer because he had said in an earlier post that he was using an HD asset which seemed to suggest he did not have CPTK (and your excellent plug).
-clint