View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 08:24 AM

Default Re: How do I connect external effects to a Digi-002R via S/PDIF?

Thank you so much - it works! The last hurdle was that I had the input & output cables the wrong way round - I had the output of the 002R connected to the output of the PCM-91 (it seemed to make sense as they are both marked red...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Each single Spidf RCA jack is actually 2 channels over 1 cable.

So if you have the cables going out of your 002 into the effects unit, and another going from the effects unit to the 002, you've got 2 channels both ways.

One thing to verify, in the Hardware setup menu, make sure Spidf is NOT selected as Optical.

Then, go into your I/O setup, and in each tab (input, output, inserts, busses), click "default". That should reset things in case they got messed up.

If you're trying to set it up as a send/return, do this:

Create a stereo Aux track. On the input of that track, select a pair of busses, such as buss 3-4, or 5-6, etc.

On that aux track, in the insert section, instead of selecting a plugin, you select I/O, and then select Spidf. This will now route signals to your effects unit and back again, just like it was a plugin.

And then, create sends on whatever tracks you want to send to that, routing the sends to whatever buss you chose (3-4, 5-6, etc.).