View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 08:51 AM

Default C24/D-series upgrade from ProControl?

I have a Pro Control (main,) Edit Pack, and Fader Pack in an Argosy 90-Series console. Been happy with PT10 HDX and HDIO, but now feeling the pressure to move the system forward. I'm very happy with the Nyrink solution to at least keep the faders and basic working in PT2018... congrats and thank you to Paul for doing this, I'll buy it regardless of what I do to support him... but since I would have to remove the Edit Pack from the set-up, I'm considering other control surface options.

S3 and PTDock seem nice, but not quite enough compared to how my complete system works with PT10HD... and I really do love all the dedicated buttons that Pro Controls gives with PT10. I would love an S6 M10 (S6 M40 is so far out of my price range) but even the S6 M10 is a huge stretch.

I'm considering a used DControl, DCommand, C24 even though those are End of Life, they are working now. Perhaps wait it out and hope Avid returns with something like the C24 price point? Any advise for people who have gone the C24/D-series route after ProControls?

GearGuy