View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 05:28 AM

Default Re: Mbox Pro 3 not working with MacOS Sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj-Ike View Post
I have another MacBook Pro which I successfully updated to High Sierra, and everything works as it should. Mbox Pro3 is recognized and playing audio. Now when I tried to update the OS on my main MBP, High Sierra wouldn't install whatsoever.
I've managed to plug my MBox Pro into my girlfriends new MacBook Air without any drivers installed and it didn't force a crash/reboot, so I now know that the problem isn't my adapters or directly the MBox, but I did manage to upgrade my macOS to 10.13.2 and my ProTools to 2018.3 and support has told me to go to macOS 10.13.3 with ProTools 2018.4 and I'm still getting the same problem.

I've uninstalled and manually checked all library folders to manually uninstall any MBox driver-related files as requested by Avid Support and reinstalled the MBox Pro 3 drivers and still the same problem.

My hard drive is an APPLE SSD SM0512F according to my System Profiler.

From what I gather with my initial error screen when running macOS 10.12.6 this issue seemed to be kernel-related, but I'm not at all qualified to even start understanding what to do and what this could be... Your HD hypothesis seems like an eventual starting point.

Let me know if you get any more info on this! I'm close to getting a used iMac for my studio just to put this problem behind me but I'd love to spare the cash...