View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 12:18 PM

Default #1 Reason Why I will Never By Avid Again

Like many of you, my Fast Track Pro has been defunct since I upgraded to Mavericks. I fully comprehend that is my fault. Then Avid, who absconded the FTP from M-Audio, provides a driver that doesn't work regardless of application or use. There's no audio period. So, I call the good folks at Sweetwater support and after about two weeks, I get the following reply:

Quote:
I have verified that the Mavericks drivers for the Fast Track Pro are only for Pro Tools 11.0.3, and will not work within other applications.
Really? For real? Who makes a driver that works only with one app? There's no possibility one might want to use this for say, iTunes or Keynote? Or, God forbid, Logic? You live and you learn. I am finished with closed systems.

In times such as this these words seem especially poignant:

Quote:
I am William Wallace! And I see a whole army of my country men here in defiance of tyranny. You've come to fight as free men, and free men you are. What will you do with that freedom? Will you fight? Aye. Fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!
USA! USA! USA! USA! (in honor of OSU mirror lake jumpers)
PT. 8.0.5, Logic Pro 9.1.8, Logic X, MACBOOK PRO - Intel, 2.66ghz, 8GB Ram w/HGST 1 TB 7200RPM internal HDD, Yamaha XS8 w/mLAN, Mavericks 10.9.4, G-Tech 500GB Ext. HD, WD MyBook Studio II 320GB, M-Audio FastTrack Pro, Roland VS-2480