View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 06:47 AM

Default Is committing EA impossible to do accurately?

I can't figure out a way to commit a track with Elastic Audio.

I've tried:

1. None - Disable Elastic Audio
2. Rendered Processing
3. Route track to new audio track and record in real time
4. Commit (offline and in real time)
5. Bounce (offline and in real time)

In all of the above cases, notes in the new audio clip are delayed by around 10 milliseconds.

But the delay isn't consistently that same amount. Some notes are a little less delayed than than others, which means I can't just nudge the whole thing earlier to compensate.

I've searched this topic exhaustively and it seems that a lot of people have this problem. Some say that if you record in real time that you will get an exact copy of the original, but that's not working for me. I've tried it with Delay Compensation both on and off, plugins active or all deactivated (for the entire session), etc. Every time, the new audio is delayed.

Does anyone have any other ideas I can try? Or is it not possible to get a sample-accurate copy of the EA track with the adjustments committed? I guess I can just roll with the EA on there for this project, but what if I need to send a committed version to a collaborator in the future? Also, isn't the audio being delayed anyway if I bounce down the session to a stereo mix?
Attached Images
File Type: png EA Delay.PNG (75.5 KB, 0 views)