View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 08:19 AM

Default Need Help with a CPU Boost

Hey all. Iíve been out of the PT world for a bit and just getting back in. Iím running a 4-year old 15 in Macbook Pro, a 003 control surface and PT LE 8.0.1. About 2 years I put an internal 750 gig drive. Donít have the specs handy, but itís a high RPM. I recently bought a 27 inch LG LED LCD E2742 monitor. Plan was to run it in conjunction with the Macbookís screen via the DVI out of the Macbook through an HDMI adapter. I want to have the mix window on one screen, edit on another. When I got it all hooked up, I got a CPU low error. I only had two tracks and Kontact 4 open. Then it stops playback. Tried different combinations of track/plug arrangements and got the same result. When I disconnect the LG monitor from the DVI out, it works fine. Like I said, Iíve been out of the game a few years so I could use some advice. What would any of you recommend for getting it the point where I can run a large session with multiple plug ins on both monitors? Is it possible? Would upgrading to PT LE 9 or 10 help? More RAM, etc? Thanks! Hereís my specs:

PT LE 8.0.1 on a 003 Control Surface
LG 27 in LED LCD E2742 monitor
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP51.007E.B06