View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 06:31 PM

Default Re: November/Black Friday Sales 2016!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushpig View Post
Hi all,

Sorry, I totally forgot to reply to these replies (I blame bloody Christmas).

MM,

Now, that's what I thought I'd figured out a while back when I took a look at VEP for the first time, but this time around when I tried to confirm or dismiss this, I couldn't work it out easily at first glance. TBH I didn't have much time to dig a lot deeper or email the support peeps of either company, so this is very helpful info. Thanks for that.

Simon,

Sorry, I think I must have misread/misunderstood your comment. Mike Scuffham was saying that in his opinion, using iLok was a much cheaper way to go for a smaller developer like himself. Basically the gist of what he was implying is that, having first set-up his own authorisation system which he maintains himself, then making the effort to offer iLok auths as an option, he felt he would prefer to have been able to just go with iLok from the get go, but of course now he's knee deep in CS'ing all the non iLok licences, to the detriment of his productivity (90% - 10% in terms of no hassles with iLok licences)

Cheers guys.

Steve B.
Ah yes i get that now.

It would bench for just one consistent authorisation system, I totally agree. Much easier for the end user and the developer...

But with only one security standard to defeat wouldn't it make it so much easier crackers?? Manage to beat it and the whole world of audio becomes a virtual candy store. Anything and everything.