View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 08:12 PM

Default Re: Track/"Channel Strip" Presets DO exist in Pro Tools, apparently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CME View Post
Ah. That makes some sense, as it would help beginners out, but every version should def have that feature. Especially if we could customize them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YES! YES! Ha ha ha! It's alive! I got it to work! The trick is to save templates in folders within a folder titled "Track Presets" within the Avid > Pro Tools folder. So, here are the steps. By the way, I am currently using 10.2, but I'm fairly positive this will work on 8, 9, or 10.

1) Go to Applications > Avid > Pro Tools. Here, create a folder titled "Track Presets". I also recommend creating folders within "Track Presets" for different categories (ex: Submix Masters, Reverbs, etc) although you can do that later on.
2) Create and configure tracks (including inputs, outputs, names, sends, volume, pan, plug-ins, etc) as desired.
3) From the File menu, choose Save As Template.
4) Choose "Select Location for template"
5) Navigate to your Track Presets folder (or sub-folders) or just save anywhere then move to these folders later.

Once your templates are saved to this "Track Presets" folder (or folders within it), they will appear as options in the New Track dialog below the normal track types (audio track, aux input track, etc). You can still use Command + Down/Up to switch through these and Option Command Down/Up will switch between multiples in your sub-folders.

Oh man! I so freaking stoked!!!