View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 09:36 AM

Default Re: New Rig and still running out on cpu?? :C

Hi albee1952! Thanks for the reply!!

Yeah , I think the rig should smoke too, but until know its a bit disapointing. But I willing to sort the things out!!!

Ok, I was checking some of the suggestion you tell me to follow:

Check your BIOS and run the latest. Iīve just updated to FH version!

Set RAM timings and voltages manually(AUTO will suck)

Here I will need some more help body! I was checking in the bios and found in the Advanced Memory Sett. the option DRAM Timming Selec should be the one to tweak and it is on auto, but what should I select? Same for the voltage that I think is in the Adv. volt. sett. DRAM volt: 1.5 v. Auto and the DRAM term. set to 0.750v.

I have also corsair DDR3 memories, the vengeance 12Gbs pack. These are 1600MHz, but the mobo does not support this speed and I think run them to 1060 Mhz. Is that ok?

Disable everything you don't need(that means no RAID)
Iīve disable the onboard audio int. azaki driver or something like that. also the Lan option since I dont connect this one to the net.
Regarding the Raid I found the G SATA RAID mode contr. set to FW MODE. Should it be on bypass?

Do all the system tweaks that Avid mentions

Update Graphics Driver: DONE!
Update Network Adapter Drivers: Did not found and the netw. is turn off
Disable Turbo Boost and C-State Transition (BIOS) DONE!
Adjust Power Options DONE!
Run as Administrator DONE!! and also it disables desktop composition when PT starts, remains basic theme and desktop bkgrnd. SHOULD I disable those also?
Hard Disk Optimizations. Done!
Install Latest Device Drivers (Pro Tools 9 and higher only) ONLY FOR AVID INTERFACES I THINK??
Adjust Processor Scheduling DONE!
Disable Screen Saver DONE!!

Also followed some W7 opt. like turn off some W7 feat in the add/rem programs like games, media center, XPS reader.
- disable windows sounds, visual fx, disable DEP for PT.
- opt. start up prog. and services
- disable some services following this sheet that I found in the focusrite web.
http://www.blackviper.com/service-co...onfigurations/

Turn OFF speed step. I couldnīt found this option, where is it?

Maybe roll back to 9 or 9.0.3 I will try it today

Dverb test: I run it and just colud run 57 channels with 5 dverbs, but have to disable some. End up with 275 dverbs at 1024 ( actually 960 because in the focusrite interface you have 20 ms as the mayor latency setting).

So, since we have pretty close rigs what could be wrong?
Again, would it be worth to OC?

Thanks for your help!!