View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 02:18 AM

Default Re: New Rig and still running out on cpu?? :C

Hi albee1952! Thank for the reply!!

Yeah , I think the rig should smoke too, but until know its a bit disapointing. But I willing to sort the things out!!!

Ok, I was checking some of the suggestion you tell me to follow:

Check your BIOS and run the latest. IŽve just updated to FH version!

Set RAM timings and voltages manually(AUTO will suck)

Here I will need some more help body! I was checking in the bios and found in the Advanced Memory Sett. the option DRAM Timming Selec should be the one to tweak and it is on auto, but what should I select? Same for the voltage that I think is in the Adv. volt. sett. DRAM volt: 1.5 v. Auto and the DRAM term. set to 0.750v.

I have also corsair DDR3 memories, the vengeance 12Gbs pack. These are 1600MHz, but the mobo does not support this speed and I think they run at 1060 Mhz. Is that ok?

Disable everything you don't need(that means no RAID)
IŽve disable the onboard audio inter. azaki driver or something like that. also the Lan option since I dont connect this one to the net.
Regarding the Raid I found the G SATA RAID mode contr. set to FW MODE. Should it be on bypass?

Do all the system tweaks that Avid mentions

Update Graphics Driver: DONE!
Update Network Adapter Drivers: Did not found and the netw. is turn off
Disable Turbo Boost and C-State Transition (BIOS) DONE!
Adjust Power Options DONE!
Run as Administrator DONE!! it disables desktop composition when PT starts, only remains basic theme and desktop bkgrnd. SHOULD I disable those also?
Hard Disk Optimizations. Done!
Install Latest Device Drivers (Pro Tools 9 and higher only) ONLY FOR AVID INTERFACES I THINK?? I have the latest focusrite drivers and mixcontrol soft.
Adjust Processor Scheduling DONE!
Disable Screen Saver DONE!!

Also followed some W7 opt. like turn off some W7 feat in the add/rem programs like games, media center, XPS reader.
- Set off the unneeded prgs at mscofig start up progs and services. Also disable or set to manual some services according to focusrite support http://www.blackviper.com/service-co...onfigurations/. I followed every avid video on youtube or opt. in knowledge database....

Turn OFF speed step. Did not found it on the mobo settings. Please help!!

Until now still running pt 9.06, the dverb test ends up recording 57 chs, 285 dverbs, 5 min recording without error messages and a cpu usage at 93%, 8 cores in dae engine 90% cpu, max setting!! tried 7 cores at 99% but it wasnŽt the best choice, the cpu message came immediately.

IŽll keep trying!!!

thanks for the next reply,

Erick