View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 09:24 PM

Default Activation Error - Pro Tools 12

I recently purchased a student license of Pro Tools 12 about a week or so ago. Everything was going well until a couple days ago when I attempted to open Pro Tools without an iLok plugged into my USB drive.

Since then, I've been prompted to activate Pro Tools. When I do so, I get the "Successful Activation: Congratulations, Pro Tools 12 has been activated!" prompt, but as soon as I select continue, I get the "This software cannot be run because the activation experience thinks the authorization was found, but the wrapper could not verify it".

I tried downloading different versions of iLok manager (also uninstalling/reinstalling), tried to Sync the iLok, decactivate/activate my license several times, all while attempting reboots and unplugging the iLok (based on Google searches and threads on this forum) to no avail. I'm running out of options at this point.

Can someone help me understand how to resolve this? Based on previous threads it seems like someone from Avid had to assist on their end.

What is the "wrapper" the error is referring to? I searched my OS X 10.10.5 file system system using this cmd: "locate -i *avid*wrapper*" and found hits, but everything seems like a dead end.