View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 02:03 AM

Default Re: Input Monitoring OFF is here!!!

Quote:
Input monitoring cannot be disabled on HD systems either.
As I said, in my 1st post. On PT10, the "input monitoring" issue (Low Latency Monitoring) seems to be addressed, but only for one dedicated output (and not only out1-2 as I said before) but it is more than nothing (like on PT9).

What's new in Pro Tools 10 PDF (page 4)
"Low Latency Monitoring with Core Audio and ASIO Hardware
With Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD 10.0, you can now use the Low Latency Monitoring option to record with an extremely small amount of monitoring latency with Core Audio and ASIO audio interfaces that have a built-in mixer (such as the RME Fireface or the MOTU 828). Only tracks with inputs set to an audio interface (not a bus) use Low Latency Monitoring.

If your Core Audio or ASIO hardware does not have a built-in mixer, Low Latency Monitoring does not function. If you do enable Low Latency Monitoring with such hardware, monitoring will not available for record-enabled tracks in Pro Tools.

Low Latency Monitoring is not available in surround sessions with Pro Tools HD on non-HD hardware (such as Core Audio and ASIO devices).
On Mac, the Pro Tools Aggregate I/O does not support the Low Latency Monitoring option."
PT12.4 / VEP5.3.1 / MacOSX.11.1 (MBP)
PT 10.3.10 / PT11.3.2 / PT12.4 / VEP5.3.1 / MacOSX.8.5 (MM "Production" on SSD)
PT 12.4 / VEP5.3.1 / MacOSX.11.1 (MM "test" on HDD)
RME UFX (USB2 with MM and Firewire with MBP)
+ Vienna Ensemble Pro Server on PC Q6600/8Gb/Win7-Pro64-SP1