View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 06:26 PM

Default PT and Delta 1010LT

hello all.. I'm a new guy to the whole recording industry and hoping someone can help me out of a bind.

I've got a PC with a delta 1010LT and currently running the ProTools M Powered demo that came with it. I'm having trouble with playing back what I'm recording, the EQ is moving, but no sound coming out. Here is my setup:

-I've got a mic going into a Behringer mixer in the first channel.
-The Main Outs of the mixer are going into the "IN" 3-4 on the Delta.
-The outputs of the delta 3-4 are going back into a channel on the mixer (which I use the monitor outs for headphones).

The delta control panel registers both in/out 3-4 receiving signal fine and I can hear it in my headphones. Then I record with PT (which is using 3-4 for both input and output in its control panel) and it registers the receipt of the recording fine. But when I play back, the delta control panel is dancing as is the PT interface (telling me sound should be coming out) But there is no sound coming out of the delta and into the mixer/monitor. (this setup worked fine with Ableton live lite, but there was a ton of latency and ableton seemed difficult for a new guy)

I hope I have been clear.. thanks in advance for any assistance,
David