View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 02:53 PM

Default Upgrade to SSD drive with PT 10?

You can’t update to Mountain Lion from Lion without a full ML installer. You can’t run a point update, the only ones you’ll find outside of the App Store for ML if you have Lion installed.

Eg: you have 10.7.2 installed. You can’t install 10.8.5 over the top unless that’s a full installer and not a combo update. Combo updates are available on the Apple site. Full installers are not and are only available via the App Store. These are removed when the next major version of Mac OS is released.

If you bought/downloaded the Mac OS via the App Store when it was current, then it should definitely appear in your account as an available download, even after new Mac OS versions are released. Perhaps you’re not logged in wth your wife’s iTunes account and hence, it’s not visible.

Either way, it’s pointless to install Lion if you plan on going to Mountain Lion. Just get the ML installer and install that.

I have all the Mac OS installers on a partitioned bootable installer drive going back to Snow Leopard. Unfortunately I don’t use a file hosting platform that allows files of that size to be stored in the cloud without breaking them up into smaller segments - 200Mb RAR/ZIP files etc. If you really can’t get hold of the ML installer, I could look at breaking it up and transferring that way. It’s a bit of a PITA, so try to get the installer via the App Store. If you bought it, there’s no reason it shouldn’t be available to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk