View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Mbox 3 Mini with Mavericks...Brand New User to Avid and home recording

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsie289 View Post
Do you know when the update will be available? and when it is available can you post it here?

Thanks!
No, your computer will not be harmed if you attempt to use the Mbox. Will or does the MBox work? Now that is another question. In my experience, it takes Avid months to come out with drivers for the new Mac OS. They are not like companies such a MOTU who work with Apple during the development of the OS, so that they are prepared for the major new releases of the OS.

By the time the drivers are released, your new computer will probably have already prompted you two or three times to update the OS again. If you do it, for the security enhancements, bug fixes, etc., when the drivers are released in say, February, March for 10.9 and you will find yourself 'unqualified' for 10.9.3.
PT. 8.0.5, Logic Pro 9.1.8, Logic X, MACBOOK PRO - Intel, 2.66ghz, 8GB Ram w/HGST 1 TB 7200RPM internal HDD, Yamaha XS8 w/mLAN, Mavericks 10.9.4, G-Tech 500GB Ext. HD, WD MyBook Studio II 320GB, M-Audio FastTrack Pro, Roland VS-2480