View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Are we not due an update??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkalman View Post
Yes we are due an update. HDX voices? CPU improvements for VIs. Anyone able to use the 1000 midi tracks Avid gave us in the May update (insert sarcasm)? OS compatibility. How about getting rid of the subscription plan. That would be the best update. I never had an issue buying the latest version of PTs when they actually gave us a reason to upgrade. I feel like we are just paying for Avid to develop OS compatibility with a smattering of minor enhancements about 2x per year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnjlee View Post
You didn't actually expect them to PROVIDE anything after doubling prices did you? (More than tripled after two years if you go from vanilla to sub. Yes AVID, I have a calculator and am able to forecast cost beyond the current FY) Subscriptions are about stabilizing revenue streams for corporations, not about delivering anything to customers.

Spot on guys!
iMac 27" Late 2013 3.5Ghz i7 32GB Ram 3TB HDD, 1TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Movaje 10.14.6, Pro tools 2021.7, 2021.3 & 2020.12 installed. UAD Apollo 8 Quad & Satellite Quad, Reason 10.4.1 & Reason Suite 11.3.9, Logic Pro X 10.5.1 (need to upgrade to Catalina for LPX10.6), plugins & VI's by practically everyone. G-Tech Mini 1TB HDD, 3 x 1TB Glyph GT050Q, Lacie Rugged 500GB & several assorted drives.....lots & lots of hardware synths & outboard

https://soundcloud.com/2b3productions