View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL MAudioFastTrackUltra.sys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytshade View Post
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the suggestions. I did try using ASIO Drivers and it didn't solve the problem.

I tried solution 2 from your post and so far my PC hasn't crashed but now when I'm not using my DAW I have to unplug my speakers from the interface and connect them to the on-board soundcard. When I want to use the DAW I have to unplug from on-board soundcard to the interface, this is painful.

I also switched the USB port and we'll see if this does help or not but so far so good.
If things are working okay now, the speaker solution is simple, depending on how much money you don't mind spending. Here are some options:
1-cheapest; get a small mixer like the Behringer Xenyx 502. Connect the interface outputs to one stereo input of the mixer, computer sound card to the other stereo input, balance to taste(about $60, new)
2-better but more money; get a monitor/source selector like the Presonus Central Station. Not only can you select between your interface and the computer sound card, you could also connect a cable to connect iPhone/iPad for quick listening(this seems to happen plenty in my studio), and switch between different speakers(its good to have different speakers to check mixes on.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave