View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 10:40 AM

Default Re: New RME UFX Crackling Audio [SOLVED]

Definitely depends on the interface's driver and Focusrite's Windows drivers apparently, given some of the posts on the Forum, aren't spectacular. When I needed to replace my 002 Rack, I chose RME because of their rock solid drivers, both Mac and PC. I haven't tested whether I can use my UFX for Windows sounds/audio - and don't intend to. I have a Mackie Big Knob and route my onboard Realtek to it. This way I can use my mains for other sounds while still using Pro Tools and can record from my onboard Realtek into Pro Tools. And yes, AFAIK a lot of people use their onboard soundcard for Windows sounds/audio, either with a monitor controller or separate speakers.

YMMV

Cheers,

BTW, mesaone, I'm very happy with my UFX - clean and clear audio. The onboard Pres are, to my and other ears, an exact match for my Grace m101. Still updating the "home studio". Waiting for my TLM 49, changing a bit of the acoustic treatment in my DIY booth, will be getting some Primacoustic panels shortly and, when my current large project is completed, SourceConnect. Thanks for your recommendation for RME, much appreciated.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction