View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 04:04 AM

Default Re: Recording Multiple MIDI Outputs Simultaneously

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam79 View Post
I've been playing around with MDrummer, a VI Drum plugin. There's a feature where you can send each drum to it's own MIDI output. Once the plugin's mixer is setup to send all these individual drums to separate MIDI channels, how do I record them simultaneously?
PT only lets me enable record one MIDI track at a time, i.e. when I enable record on the second MIDI channel, the first MIDI channel's record button disengages.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
I'm confused about what you're asking. You don't use a vi's mixer to send MIDI anywheres as it only works with audio. Drum vi's normally only need one MIDI channel which historically is channel 10. You could in PT run multiple MIDI tracks all feeding MIDI channel 10 on the vi if you wanted to for some reason have all kick drum hits on one track, snares on another, hihats on a third, etc. That's a waste of space and only clutters up a session.

Some drum vi's allow in their mixer routing the ability to send each drum audio output to separate tracks in the host in this case PT. I do that with BFD3; I send each drum's output to a separate aux track which then feeds an audio track from a send. I do that so I can hear the drum sounds without having to record enable an audio track. I feed the output of the aux tracks to a bus and the outputs of the audio tracks to a bus.

QAPLA!