View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 05:36 PM

Default Pro Tools 10 / MBox Mini I/O Configuration

Hello,

I am running Pro Tools 10.3.2 (Student Version) through an MBox Mini (3rd gen) on Windows 8.
While installation and hardware/software setup wasn't easy, I managed to figure out how to get most of everything to work (install/run software/drivers in Windows 7 Compatibility mode, run as admin).

The only problem I'm having at this point is that Pro Tools doesn't recognize the MBox as an I/O interface and I have no clue how to designate the MBox as an I/O so that I can start recording solo projects at home. When I attempt to select an I/O, my only options that show up are:
  • Realtek HD Audio Line input 1 (Mono) - path inactive
  • Realtek HD Audio Line input 2 (Mono) - path inactive
  • Realtek Audio Stereo imp 1 (Mono) - path n/a
  • Realtek Audio Stereo imp 2 (Mono) - path n/a
Those options, as far as I can tell, are the monitor speakers in my computer monitor, and I'm confused as to why they would appear as an I/O input option. I currently run studio-quality headphones through the headphone jack, until I can afford monitor speakers to run through the MBox Mini.

Pro Tools seems to work fine, it recognizes the MBox as the Playback Engine correctly, but I can't figure out how to designate the I/O of the MBox for use with Pro Tools. The MBox appears in the I/O setup menu under column A for both Input and Output tabs, but in the Mix window, it simply does not appear as a selectable I/O for any channel.

I hope someone can help me figure this out.
I can give computer specs if requested, but I don't think its highly relevant at this point since Pro Tools works fine.

TL;DR - MBox Mini doesn't appear as a selectable I/O interface for any channel on Pro Tools 10, but works as the playback engine just fine.