View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Best DNxHR Preset for working with video in Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewAction View Post
Everyone develops their own workflows that work for them. I am saying that the DNxHR is a viable option for folk with a variety of workflows
But when asking an MC editor for DNxHD36 they cannot easily export to this format from an interlace project DNx HD 85 is smallest easily available to them.
Yes but the MC editor sending different formats is probable the same so in life here I can send DNxHR LO to audio Post then DNxHR HQ (12bit) or DNxHR 444 to the colourist. As an MC editor my MC edit format is irrelevant to the Output (export) format I need to deliver to Audio post. I only used HQ as an example of one I had just done. It went to a Colourist. FYI I Output from MC this morning a 1 minute file to DNxHD 36 and then to DNxHR LO. File sizes DNxHD 36 was 317 MB's. DNxHR LO was 315 MB's.
For the video editor neither of these restrictions are relevant. What maters is that the MC editor can export DNxHR LO files to Audio Post from any MC timeline resolution.(SD through to 4K.)
IMO the answers above all used here show that DNxHR LO would be a reasonable option for some Audio post situations.

Andrew
By LO do you mean LB? I'm fully aware editing and delivery CODECs can be different, but everything I've read says DNxHR is for resolutions above 1080p, not 1080p and below as well.

Are you saying it's resolution independent like ProRes?