View Single Post
Old 07-09-2002, 09:59 AM

Default Re: 2" Transfer into 192--the original timeless classic. Accept no imitations...

I will conduct a test 7-9-02 tonight! I will do frequency sweeps thoughout the audio spectrum. I will calibrate and run the test to determine IF there is a problem with the 192 i/o. Specifically 6db down at 60hz. Since this will be easy to determine, I am going to make this test as simple as possible. I am not using an Audio Precision but will be using a test CD that was made using an Audio Precision.

This test will NOT determine if a Studer A800 sounds different than a 192. Of course they would sound different UNLESS you calibrate the two devices properly. Properly, means using an Audio Precision.

One last statement of FACT. If you put a test tone at 1k through ANY device that is properly calibrated, the tone SHOULD sound identical. The only way it COULD sound different (loudist) is if there is distortion, gain, or frequency imbalance. This is a FACT and I am not interested in debating the audio signatures of Neve, Studer, tubes, discrete, transformers, et al. You guys can argue that 'til your teeth fall out.

Please DO NOT try to defend what you heard at 1k. You did hear a differnce!!!! The devices where not calibrated and set up to make an objective test. That is the difference. The problem with six pages of this nonsense, is the mixing of subjective and objective perseption.
I promise the results will be fewer words than this post.

Steve