View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkalman View Post
I for one have no idea what the professionals you mentioned do to turn out top-notch film scores. Seems they did it fine before there was midi, some of the dudes you mentioned were writing killer scores in the 80s. But if 1024 is a good number (seems rather random to me....why not 1150?) for the .000001% of PT users, i'm all for it . Meanwhile I can't get 5 VIs to work with PTs without having to freeze track everything. I assume these professionals don't use PTs for the heavy VI lifting, which it is not capable of, but rather load the stems from another DAW, or I should say their interns do.
1024 because 2^10

The industry has changed since the 80s. As have budgets. As have expectations by directors and producers on mockups.

When you have thousand midi track templates, you aren’t using a single system DAW. No DAW can run thousands of instruments (processing and RAM)— you use a host and multiple computers to distribute instruments. Hans Zimmer uses a custom/proprietary host software over many computers (14+) to feed his DAW. Powell/Silvestri/most composers use Vienna Ensemble Pro over many computers.
But you still need the MIDI tracks in your DAW to trigger these other computers.