View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Where Have All the Melodies Gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjslakeridge View Post
I just watched Rush in Rio. (Well part of it last night and the rest this morning as it is almost 3 hours long). Per the credits it was filmed during the Vapor Trails tour, copyright 2003. To me, it had too much of a live feel, maybe too much of the audience mics mixed in, which made it harder to hear the instruments clearly. I watched it on my computer with some little JBL Pro speakers, probably would have been worse if I listened using my full size sound system.

Good show, the audience was fired up throughout.
Try it with a decent audio system and then let me know how it sounds. Probably WAY better than those little JBL's.

You watched the dvd right? I know that when snippets from the R30 dvd concert get played on TV and it sounds like they recorded it via a couple of mics in front of the FOH system. Listen to it on dvd and that's not the case but the usual excellent clear audio from one of their concerts. I do know their concert audio levels are way high on average with little to no dynamic range. My home audio system is a 2 channel Yamaha receiver that gets the audio directly from my dvd player and fed through a pair of ancient Klipsch Chorus speakers (3 way with a 15 inch woofer) and it always sounds good.

QAPLA!