View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 03:50 AM

Default Re: Artist Mix: Pan knob not functional

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
My control's knobs have degenerated to the point of being completely useless. Turning them at any speed except "extremely slow" makes them stutter and even register in the opposite direction. Extremely bad QC decision in sourcing this particular part.

I wish there were a way to replace them.
Hi,

you can replace them (well with the type ones but functioning obviously). My colleague had the same issue. Turn to the right and pan goes left and vice versa. It's usually wear and dirt. He sent the Mix to repair and got all replaced for around 200€.

One of my faders on a Mix recently showed the same effect. Pull fader down. Level in PT goes up. Sent it in for repair. They said it's a common problem after a few years resulting from dust. The faders can not be cleaned so they recommended exchanging all 8 to save cost when the next one is due. It was around 250€ incl. shipping (done at PMS/Germany, the local official AVID repair shop) for all 8 faders (one broken one, 7 exchanged to avoid sudden death of the next one). Not too bad a price for 8 faders. But since only one was broken it felt a bit steep. But they said the others would start acting up at some point too and in the long run it would be cheaper to do all now.

But what the OP writes doesn't sound like a hardware issue. When the diagnosis mode shows correct parameters it can't be the hardware, IMO.

My problems were clearly reflected in the hardware diagnosis mode.

Hope this helps.

Frank.